Thursday, February 28, 2013

Challenge Yourself: Day 1

I'm ready for a change, I'm ready for a challenge.  And I want everyone to be involved.  No, it will not be hard, but I will have to be 100% honest with myself and my audience, and you will too.  You can answer the questions in a journal to yourself, or you can slap them in a comment right under my post!  Or email me, I would love to help motivate each of you on your journey.  We are going to start simple... a question a week.  Or better yet, it can be a goal a week.  Every Thursday I will pop a question, give you a goal, or make you think.  Tweak and tailor anything to make it more related to your own journey. 

The goal of this challenge is to motivate you to look at your life and assess where you are.  Are you happy?  Do you need a change?  Are you spending enough time on yourself?

I'm excited to work with all of you and hopefully this will inspire us to think more about our individual lives and what we want out of them.  During this journey I will challenge you to take time to focus on certain aspects in each of your lives to make a better quality of life for each of you individually.  


Day 1:  All About the Stats

Let's focus on the numbers, where do we stand now and where do we want to go:
1.  Write your current stats: 
  • height: 5'4"
  • current weight: 125 pounds
  • goal weight: 118 pounds 
2.  Are you at a healthy or unhealthy weight/BMI - click for BMI calculator
*Remember: BMI is your body mass index and is a general health number.  This is good for the average population, but not people who are built with extra muscle mass as muscle weighs more than fat.

I am within the normal healthy standard for BMI.  

3.  Describe your dream/goal body:

My dream body will be when I respect myself for the way I am.  I would like to reduce my overall body fat and increase my muscle mass.  I will work to lessen my cellulite on the back of my thighs (I must write a blog article about the cellulite problem all of us women have to deal with!) with increased strength training.  I will focus on a positive self-esteem and the happy aspects of my life in order to motivate me.

 



I hope you all join me in my journey to focus my life on me.  I know too many women out there who put others first, but please, if you want to meet goals and dreams in life, you must put some of your overall efforts into yourself.  Sure, bring your other half and kids on board with you, but encourage them to take one day out of each week to better themselves.  It will be worth it!

oxox, Em

No comments:

Post a Comment